Submission Deadline: 31 August 2012
– Women directors from any country may enter.
– Films should deal with feminist issues and/or be feminist in their representation of women.
– Films can be of any length or genre, and from any year.
– Non-English language films must be presented in English-subtitled versions.
How to submit:
Submission fee is £5 per short film and £10 per mid–full length (30+ minutes) film.
Visit the official submissions guidelines here to find payment information.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your film online or request the postal address for submitting via DVD. Please include the following information in your email:
– Film director’s name, contact details, and short biography
– Title of film
– Year of production
– Country of production
– Film credits (producer, writer, etc)
– Synopsis of film including why you think it is suitable for the festival
– Length of film in minutes
– Where it has been screened before, if applicable
– PayPal payment confirmation number
Successful applicants will be notified by 21 September 2012.
Disclaimer: The festival reserves the right to use an excerpt not exceeding three minutes from any submitted films for promotional purposes.
Jess Ptak is a Master of Arts candidate in English Literature at Mercy College. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature from Pace University in Pleasantville, New York. Jess lives in the Hudson Valley with her family, where she enjoys crafting handmade stationery and spending time with her husband and daughter.